Friday 15 June 2012

Storm Clouds over Gee Cross


This was taken at the same time as my recent photo of the Hare and Hounds.

It looks a little further West towards the trees below the trig point at the junction of Werneth Low Road and Cowlishaw Road.

I used a zoom lens to reach a distance of some two kilometres. The spire of Hyde Chapel is actually about a kilometre away although the cattle seem to be grazing close to.

To highlight the dramatic effect I've introduced a few painterly touches.

A contribution to Skywatch Friday.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful steeple!! I love the shape of it! And the sky looks to be very active!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dramatic shot - love the steeple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice work. Excellent composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot!Have a great weekend!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good, I love the paint effects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, looks like a John Constable painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful edit on this photo! Also, I love the unusual tower! Happy Sky Watch!

    ReplyDelete