Friday 1 August 2014

Kong's Fish and Chips


This Chinese takeaway has been operating since 1974. It opens at lunchtimes (11.30 - 1.30) and then teatime (4.30 to 9.30 pm) except Sundays when it is closed.

Many other takeaways in town only open in the early evening and are open until after midnight, catering for the "coming home from the pub brigade".

Kong's uses a traditional frying range, doesn't do deliveries nor subscribe to the notorious "Just Eat" website, but does very well due to a loyal customer base that appreciates the quality of its offerings.

It looks just the same now as it did when I posted a photograph of it in June 2007.

Previously the Kong family ran a Chinese laundry.

Visit other contributions to the Takeaway theme at City Daily Photo.

9 comments:

  1. I think I would like Kong's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that we would have a decent fish and chips here in this town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do fried fish and chips when the 'boss' is not looking. She keeps me on a short leash when it comes to fried stuff. boohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually I wouldn't associate a Chinese shop with fish and chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. probably the best fish and chip shop in hyde and very friendly staff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have liked to taste that Fish and Chips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always good to have an established, reliable and tasty chippy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a contrast of takeaway items on offer here :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. People seem to be disposing less litter nowadays

    ReplyDelete