Tuesday 22 January 2013

Supermarket snow


I was asked recently if I'd taken any photos of the snow.

Well compared to the rest of the UK we've not had a huge amount of the white stuff. We thought the weekend was going to be rough and so cancelled our usual Saturday trip and I did an extra shop in town last Thursday.

In the event it wasn't too bad althought it was bitterly cold. A larger amount of snow fell Sunday night and we had a fair covering Monday morning. The main roads had been gritted and were moving well but the pavements were treacherous. A neighbour offered me a lift down to Morrisons.

Before shopping I took this quick photograph of the supermarket car park.

After shopping I took another quick photograph in the opposite direction which you can see on Hyde DP Xtra.

A contribution to Our World Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful capture of your snowy world for the day, Gerald!! Stay warm and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it does not snow too much. When they call for snow here, everyone runs to the grocery stores buying everything thinking they will be stuck in for a week or so. It is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy the snow!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Car parks look pretty much the same here in Coventry. Hope it doesn't get too cold for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this nice impression of your environment. No snow over here. Please have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the bare lacy tree. Happy to be able to do without snow and slush, although (as a photograph) it is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look very slushy and slippery, keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always in awe of how slushy your roads are! When I lived in England I couldn't believe how little plowing was done!

    ReplyDelete