Sunday, 22 June 2014
Inside Gee Cross Methodists
Gee Cross Methodists Church stands on land which was once part of Ralph Fold. Originally, Stockport Road Wesleyan Methodist Church and founded in 1882, when the Primitive Methodist Chapel on Joel Lane closed in 1969 the two congregations merged as Gee Cross Methodists Church.
The memorial tablets in the right hand corner came from the Joel Lane chapel which was demolished in the 1970s.
These and other memorials in the church can be seen in detail on Old Hyde.
The organ on the left was originally built by Wadsworth & Co in 1910. A video of Christopher Lawton playing on the organ in 2011 can be viewed on YouTube.
Photographs of the outside of the church can be seen on Hyde DP Xtra.
A contribution to Inspired Sundays.