Thursday 25 July 2013

Signs at Green Lane junction


After passing under Green Lane bridge (out of sight on the left), the Trans Pennine Trail leaves the route of the former Apethorn to Godley railway line to follow Green Lane via the path behind the photographer.

The wooden finger post on the right points out the route. See the insets for a closer view of how it looks now and how it looked in 2007 when it showed the distances to Stockport and Broadbottom.

A pair of notices on the left give information about the trail and carry a warning about the use of unauthorised motor vehicles. Similar ones are located at Donald Avenue and you can read what they say on Hyde DP Xtra.

A footpath follows the old railway track to the right for about another mile until it is blocked off just before the junction with the main railway line at Godley. I'll be posting some photographs from along that section at a later date.

A contribution to signs, signs.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely and well marked, good for the directionally challenged (that would be me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. very specific and helpful! lovely area in which to bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice area to bike. I wonder why they changed the signs so they no longer show the distances of the paths?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to ride my bike to Broadbottom just to be able to say that I had. Fine looking trails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the older sign with the distances. It seems a more useful marker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad they still use the railway path, but since I'm a kind of railway fan I wish they would have kept that.

    ReplyDelete