Wednesday, 6 February 2013

ABC Wednesday: D is for Driving Test Centre

UK driving tests are the responsibility of the DSA (Driving Standards Agency), one of the executive agencies of the Motoring and Freight Services group, part of the Department for Transport.

First you have to take a theory test for which, in these parts, you'll have to go to Stockport, Manchester or Oldham. Then you have to pass a practical test which you can take here at the Hyde Driving Test Centre on the corner of Henry Street and Perrin Street.

A contribution to ABC Wednesday.


  1. I think the test is exactly the same in my country, but I cannot drive.

  2. ours are state by state in the US
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

  3. This is a driving test location? Interesting. I never would have guessed.

  4. It's interesting how many teens can pass the written driving test the first try but cannot pass tests at school! Bet they study that driving manual!

  5. I never would've guessed either! Haven't been near a driving test location in ages, I still remember my pre-test nerves too well.

  6. I was nervous when I took my practical test.

    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team